Wednesday, January 19, 2011

If only...

if only I could be beautiful...
It seems like every day I must remind myself of the reason I titled this blog "Far Above Rubies". 
"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies"
I always have to add to that the fact that my future husband is going to be a "righteous man" according to my church standards (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints), therefore the phrase "If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things" should apply. So all that matters is that I must be virtuous, of good report, and praiseworthy, and he'll find me lovely, right?
The purpose of this blog is to hopefully find out for myself that I am beautiful. It doesn't matter who tells me that I am beautiful, it just doesn't process. I just don't believe it.
I'll just take this time to bear my testimony that I know Heavenly Father is there and that He sent His son, Jesus Christ, who has felt my pain and rejection. Not only does every creation on Earth and beyond serve as a witness, but if he weren't there, I would have no one to turn to and let my feelings go. He is the reason I can feel comfort when I am crying silently in my room at night before I go to sleep.
Let's hope this works.

No comments:

Post a Comment